Resources » Readers' Guides
The following questions may be used to facilitate discussions among readers about Cheryl Denton's novel, Among the Ashes.
- Which character was your favorite? Why?
- Why do you think Grant felt so strongly about protecting Kit?
- How would you feel if your parents left behind a will similar to Kit's parents'?
- At what age do you think an adopted child should be given information about her birth family? Why?
- How would you feel if your house were destroyed by an arsonist? What would be your greatest loss?
- Do you think it is an adult child's responsibility to care for their aging parents, as Harvey and Oona did? Why?
- Do you think it's a good idea to remain in your hometown with old friends, as the people of Moose Creek did, or is it better to move on?
- What would you do if Ron Frank were your police chief?
- Why do you think Ralph Rivers helped people in Moose Creek without expecting payment?
- Kit grew up in a Christian home with her adoptive parents. Why did she find it so hard to believe in God and prayer?
- Some of the characters told lies to protect themselves. Do you think it's ever a good idea to lie?
- Sophie used ‘heavy artillery' to gain access to Gordon Finch's office. What do you think of her choices?